Who are the Childcare Development Officers?
The Childcare Development Officers are a dedicated team consisting of one full time and two part time Childcare Development Officers (CDO’s) that sit in the Early Years and Childcare Team within the Education Department. They have extensive knowledge, experience and skills that complement each other and can provide a variety of support to childcare providers in Torfaen.
What support can I access?
The CDO’s can provide a comprehensive business support package to new and existing childcare providers including:
- Registration & Inspection with Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
- Market Research
- Recruitment, Selection and Retention
- Legal and Regulatory Advice & Guidance
- Financial Planning and Sustainability
- Income Generation and Fundraising
- Quality Services – good practice and advice
- Policies & Procedures
The CDO’s can also provider support to new and existing childcare providers by assisting applications for internal and external funding for business start-up grants, sustainability grants and grants to support children with disabilities within childcare settings, including:
- Business Sustainability Healthchecks
- Development of Business Plans
- Operating Budgets & Cashflow Forecasts
- Grant Application Guidance
- Grant Application Completion
- Assistance with Monitoring and Evaluation of successful Grant Applications
To find out more, please contact:
Blaenavon and Pontypool
Bronwen McDonnell– 01633 648114 or 07980 696489
Jo Anna Forward – 01633 648114 or 07932 402996