Childcare Offer for Wales – National Digital Service
Any registered childcare provider who wishes to deliver the Offer from January 2023 will need to register with the national digital service.
The digital service, will provide a consistent experience for parents and providers across Wales. It is easy to use and can be accessed ‘on the go’.
Key benefits for childcare providers include:
- One simple, national service used by all local authorities in Wales – if you provide childcare services to parents from multiple local authorities, you will be able to use just one service going forward
- Access ‘on the go’ via laptops, tablets and mobile phones – meaning a more flexible service to suit your needs
- A fully bilingual service – ensuring providers can access the service in their preferred language
- Security of data – the digital service has been developed to the highest standard of data security
- Fast and regular payments directly from Welsh Government – weekly or monthly, depending on your preference
Preparing for the national digital service
1) Identify one lead person to register your setting
2) Find your CIW registration number and SIN number. These can be found in any correspondence from CIW or by logging in to your CIW online account
3) Have the registered postcode and bank details of your setting(s) to hand
4) Take advantage of free digital skills training
You can access free, basic training to develop your digital skills via pre-recorded and live digital skills training sessions with Digital Communities Wales. Register for sessions here.
Training date schedule
Will training on how to use the new service be available?
Yes, Welsh Government will be providing a short series of Live Events to deliver training on the new service.
The first of these was on how to register a setting and join an existing setting..
The second series of Live events will cover how to confirm agreements with parents and will take place on the following dates (Providers only need to attend one of the three sessions available):
Provider Agreements Live Event – Welsh language session on 13 Oct 18:30 to 20:00
Provider Agreements Live Event – English language session on 17 Oct 18:30 to 20:00
Provider Agreements Live Event – English language session on 18 Oct 10:00 to 11:30
The third series of Live events will cover how to claim payments and will take place on the dates below (Providers only need to attend one of the three sessions available):
Provider Claims Live Event – English language session on 5 Dec 18:30 to 20:00
Provider Claims Live Event – English language session on 6 Dec 10:00 to 11:30
Provider Claims Live Event – Welsh language session on 6 Dec 18:30 to 20:00
Online training videos will also be made available for providers who are unable to attend any of the sessions.
Please note that Local Authorities’ systems will remain in place until the parents receiving the Childcare Offer through those systems are no longer eligible
For more information please visit Childcare Offer for Wales: National Digital Service | GOV.WALES
Sign up to Tax-Free Childcare if you’re a childcare provider
Find out how to sign up to Tax-Free Childcare and get a childcare provider account to receive payments from parents using the scheme.