Help with Childcare Costs

Where to start….

Choosing childcare or early years education for your child is a huge step for you and your family. There are lots of different childcare options across Torfaen for you to choose from. Torfaen Family Information Service (FIS) can inform you of the choices.

Did you know…..

You may qualify for help towards the costs of childcare if the childcare you use is registered. The Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) is responsible for the registration and regulation of childcare in Wales. You can check with the Family Information Service if your childcare provider is registered with CIW. You can also request the registration number directly from your provider.

The following information provides sources of help with childcare costs. Only general information is given, as eligibility depends on circumstances and income. Parents therefore need to liaise with the contacts given to receive more detailed information on accessing this financial help.